Saturday, January 14, 2012

I do approve of me, I do I do I do One of My Great Ice Cream Days

 A Journal Entry  August 31-2009  Posted  Jan 14, 2012 here to share how much joy my truck brought to me on a daily basis.
(Author comment-- This comes from a person who has struggled with low self esteem and worth issues most of her 50+ years of life)

Yesterday I was SOOOO happy while driving my ice cream truck.

It was awesome. I wrote this journal entry in my mind while I was trucking across Pierce County between my two favorite places to sell ice cream.

That is a dangerous thing for me to do. WRITE a journal entry in my mind. Because when I do, then I never get around to actually SITTING at the computer and doing it. I just IMAGINE it and it feels as good as if I have actually written it.  I like to keep track on paper of these awesome experiences, so I don’t want to just write them in my mind.

:o) I have already done that a few too many times this summer.

Anyhow, I took a vacation the first week of August and went to visit family in Montana. I had planned it all summer, but the vacation including the few days before I left was so full of unwanted events, and really rotten feelings. This was supposed to be a vacation and be a happy time, it really gave me some things to ponder, the way it all turned out.

I couldn't understand why  it happened the way it did. 


Looking back I realize now I must have had a lot of unconscious resistance that I am not even aware of regarding being around my family that reared its ugly head in different events that happened during this time.


That is all I am going to say about that vacation. It is past, over and now on to the GOOD and BETTER stuff.

I have a stereo in my little Cushman truck with the speakers right up next to my head, swivel ones on each side so I can groove to my own thing while I play my music on the inside of the truck, while the hypnotizing ice cream truck music on the outside plays to lure the customers outside. This stereo, and these little speakers have made this summer so gloriously fun.

I listen to my favorite uplifting  music, or audio book, while I drive down the street finding young kids as well as old ones, :0) standing on the edge of the street waving their dollars,  fives and tens waiting to give them to me. 

It doesn't get much better than that.

Yesterday, a glorious 75 degree, no cloud in the sky--sunny Sunday afternoon, was about as good as it can get. I LOVE Sundays it is really easy to catch most people home.

Anyways I was listening to the new CD, and loving my job.

Despite the fact that some of the events during the previous month's vacation left my cash flow less than I usually like or feel comfortable with.

I stopped at a yard sale and was telling the folks how I feel abundant and prosperous as long as I have ice cream in my truck, no matter how few bucks are in my wallet, because I am only an hour or so away of driving to change the situation in my wallet.

It is such a freeing, powerful and wonderful feeling.

I found two really cute little owl knickknacks, (which I have begun collecting rapidly this summer.) While telling them I collect owls, they went inside and brought out these two cute little jewelry pieces, and I don't have any owl jewelry yet so that was just awesome.

August isn't the best month for ice cream drivers, mom's hold back because of back to school and maybe people just get burned out on us, but I wasn't letting that sway my mood at all.

There is a lot of competition here in Tacoma. I have found a way to think that doesn't let that upset me either. If I see another truck has gone through a neighborhood ahead of me, I have the attitudes of,

"thanks for paving the way for me, I will pick up the ones that you missed"

or if I see someone already eating ice cream....

"YES, it definitely is an ICE CREAM eating day, now isn't it.



Those are the things that I say to myself.

I have found a few spots where I seem to not run into others and have some pretty steady and loyal customers.

I was finishing one of those spots yesterday, when another truck was going the opposite direction, we actually passed each other. I finished that area anyhow, and one of my regular customers, bought from me even though they had just bought from her as well.

That happened again in the next Cul de sac, now if that isn't customer loyalty, that gave me a great big feeling of "I approve of me".......

I have been so busy driving, because of the wonderful weather, that I haven't had a chance to take the kids school shopping. Oh and it has been a balancing act, paying down bills and keeping the ice cream truck stocked.

So as I was driving across the county as I mentioned above, I decided to take the earliest part of Monday off, no matter how much I sold today, (Sunday} and take the kids school shopping.

Nothing like waiting until the last minute they start school on Tuesday.

I stopped and picked up a few groceries on the way home, and am starting the day out this morning making them a delicious bacon and egg breakfast, (yes I  did bring home the bacon last night :o) and out we go.


I plan on writing a book this winter, titled something like, "101 Life Lessons Learned by An Ice Cream Lady" or something similar to that. I already have my chapter titles more than half way completed.

Despite some problems in the bill department, life has been really good, and it is all because of my shift in the way I look at my thoughts.

I so got a new quote from the new CD I was listening to, "Beliefs are just thoughts that you keep thinking! You can change them by thinking different thoughts.”

I should have written this journal entry out in writing before writing it in my mind, it was so much more entertaining to me as I thought it in my mind  zooming down Spanaway Loop Road yesterday at 40 miles an hour in my little 3 wheeler.
Wheeee....... I do approve of me, I do I do I do......
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment